- Age 0 - Born in Moscow Russia in 1892
- Age 5 - His mother teaches him the rules of chess.
- Age 7 - Alekhine gets serious about chess. His mother
describes him as "obsessed."
- Age 17 - He gains the title of senior master.
- Age 22 - He places 3rd behind Capablanca and Lasker
in big chess tournament.
- Age 37 - Alekhine becomes world champion.
- Age 43 - Alekhine, with a heavy drinking problem, loses
his title to Dr. Euwe.
- Age 44 - He stops drinking and beats Euwe easily in
- Age 47 - World war disrupts Alekhine's chess carreer.
- Age 48 - Accused of joining the Nazi party. Read
- Age 54 - Alekhine dies of a heart attack. Botvinnik
was scheduled to challenge him for the title.
the Games of Alekhine
Alexander Alekhine became the fourth official
world champion of chess when he beat Jose Capablanca in 1927. Alekhine
would remain world champion for seventeen years, playing in 5 World Championship
matches. He played over 1000 tournament games, scoring 73 percent in his
games. His ELO rating has been calculated at 2690.